We Already Pay State:
- Income tax
- Sales tax
- Gasoline tax
- Vehicle registration fees
State of Arizona divides tax revenues up among the various local governments within the state – cities, towns & counties.
Vail is not a city, town or county so we get nothing.
However, if we incorporated, we receive: (estimated)
- $1.17M annually from the state income tax
- $ 959K annually from state sales tax
- $ 688K annually from state gas tax
- $ 428K annually from state vehicle registration
That totals over $3.2M back to our community – All from taxes we already pay!
Who better to decide how to spend it... A town council elected by us?... or a government somewhere else?